Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gray Friday

Since I have a Master's degree in shopping, Black Friday is close to my heart. Yes, I actually like to get up when it is still dark, leave the make-up at home, pull on the fleece and venture out. I am not generally the first in line but I do seem to get my share of the deals. This year was a little different. We had a scare with my father-in-law (he seems to be ok now) and were at the hospital until late Thanksgiving evening. Needless to say, I wasn't at my full shopping potential. In fact, given our recent financial situation, I wasn't even going to go shopping. Then Friday morning came and I was watching the Today show and they informed me that Kohl's had their toys 50% off! What's a girl to do? So I brushed my teeth, threw on the fleece and headed out. Come to find out, the 50% off was in fact 30-50% off. I should have known better...after all I did research for my thesis on this. I found a couple of things and was off to my next stop...Target.

Guess what I found out? The Target Lady works at the Centerville location! How famous are we? Have you seen my darling, Kristen Wiig do her parody of the Target associate on Saturday Night Live? If not, check out nbc.com. She is an eccentric, overzealous cashier who makes customers wish they had chose another line to purchase their items. I loaded my cart up with the only deal-of-the-day in my opinion: big, soft fluffy blankets. The Target Lady (who I believes goes by Sheila) saw me headed toward her line and exclaimed how lucky I was because there seemed to be only a few blankets left for consumers. As she rang me up, she wanted to make sure I knew how luxuriously soft my products were...I believe the adjective she used was "terribly". At one point, she picked up the blanket and rubbed her face against it. My. Wonder who will get this blanket? I asked her if she had purchased one for herself. "Oh not yet!" was her reply. She shared that she enjoys watching a good episode of Law & Order and would like nothing more than to snuggle up with the fleece blanket to fully appreciate her favorite legal drama. I encouraged her to pick hers up immediately.




3 comments:

Nate said...

LOL Makes me not want to use any fleece or shop at target again

Unknown said...

why do you always get to meet the coolest peopl! haha take me with you next time! oh and by the way i hope that fleece blanket is for me!

Jeep said...

I guarantee you she completely ignored the next customers in line and went and bought the exact same blanket. APPROVED!