Last weekend we were in Bear Lake for Raspberry Days. At the same time I started reading "Astrid & Veronika" - a novel by Linda Olsson. It's a story of two women who become unlikely friends. The backdrop is Sweden and there are numerous references to berries and jams and all kinds of tasty Swedish pancakes and homemade juices. So I started thinking of making my own raspberry jam. My freezer hadn't been stocked with the sweet, fruity treat for quite some time.After pricing a flat of raspberry in Bear Lake - $34 - yikes, checked out Costco and made sure we were there right after a shipment to buy 3 flats at $20 each. Still a chunk of change, but a much more reasonable price for those glorious red berries.
In the middle of my jam making I started rethinking the 3 flats. Why did I buy so much? Not to mention the 5 lbs of strawberries and pint of blueberries I had purchased for the same reason. Feet hurting and late into the evening, I longed for an afternoon tea with Astrid providing her own berry jam for us to share. Enter The Huz. Between the two of us we cranked out the last few batches. Thanks Sweetie!
2 comments:
They look simply delicious! I'm jealous. I only have one bottle of strawberry jam left in my freezer. I do have quite a few apricot in the cubboard, but I am partial to the berry sort.
You may share one of those lovely jars with your lovely neighbor, me. :) I'm just trying to help you not have a jam-sugar-high. You're welcome.
Post a Comment