I always hear people say how much they don't care for the January doldrums. But January has its place. The slower pace of post-holidays, lots of snow to fulfill our future water needs and we all have to have some kind of virus to keep us grateful for our normally healthy bodies, right? I finally drove myself to the insta care and requested something more than Tylenol for this cold I had been dealing with for a couple of weeks. The doctor there couldn't offer much more than a saline wash (or Netty Pot for the novices out there) and p.s. it doesn't do much but did prescribe me an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Now it's been 6 days and I don't really feel much better. But I'll stop there because last night I complained to Nate that he sounded like an old man when he was complaining about the other drivers on the road. I'll stop with my under-the-weather talk so I don't sound hypocritical.
Back to the title of this post. To break up the so-called doldrums of January, we celebrated Mocha's birthday yesterday. Not only that, we decided to celebrate Maizy's as well. Her birthday is November 10th but on that day she was hit by a car (story for another post) and we felt that maybe another day might be more fun for Woof #2. So before you decide we are an uber-pathetic family (which we are) just remember it's January.
1 comment:
That is great! My kids will love to see those pictures!
Post a Comment