A few months ago I was bemoaning the fact that I was to turn 38 soon. My friend/boss told me to cling to the "fat side of 40" and relish in these next two years. So when another friend/coworker (who's 3 days my junior) told me we were considered 'middle age' in some circles, I told her that maybe she was but I was not.
So here I am clinging.
I just had my big day and honestly it was one of the best one I've had in a long time. The day before, my mom hired a babysitter for my cute boys so she and I could do some serious shopping. We usually take them with us but this was a treat to be able to spend as much time in any store I wanted and enjoy a long, leisurely lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Thanks Mom!
The next day, Nate, Jameson and I went to Harry Potter 7.2 (pretty sure we were the last ones to see this in the state of Utah as it opened the week prior). Loved it even more than I thought I would. Afterwards we dined at Pizza Factory. I also have a new set of darling drinkware (thank you Nate) and I don't have the set of 12 mismatched glasses anymore. 

I feel very blessed and not just because I received such nice gifts but because The Huz has a job that he loves, my two miracle sons who are healthy and home safe with me, my father is still here with us despite his cancer and his health, I have a job that I also love, my home is comfortable and welcomes friends and family, I am healthy - I can walk, sing, hear, taste delicious food and take care of my family. I have much more I am grateful for...things to ponder these next 2 years while I cling!
1 comment:
Happy belated birthday! I guess that is one of the good things about getting older--You cling to the things that are most important.
Post a Comment