Today I am thankful for my legs. This may sound simple-minded but I am sincerely grateful to have legs that work. I used to complain that I hated my big legs. My mom would say, "You have Johnson legs" meaning I had inherited the large familial legs. But she always reminded me, "At least you have legs." That's like telling a kid that they need to not waste their bowl of beans because there are starving children in Ethiopia...it's not relevant to their world. Anyway, I think one thing I was supposed to learn when I broke my ankle a few years ago was humility. After spending 8+ weeks on crutches, I can say that I learned some. While crutches are a great 'core' workout, I don't know what I would do if I had to be on them permanently. I am thankful I have legs that carry me; legs that allow me to chase my little boy and let me do everything else I need and want to do everyday.Thursday, November 6, 2008
Today I am thankful for my legs. This may sound simple-minded but I am sincerely grateful to have legs that work. I used to complain that I hated my big legs. My mom would say, "You have Johnson legs" meaning I had inherited the large familial legs. But she always reminded me, "At least you have legs." That's like telling a kid that they need to not waste their bowl of beans because there are starving children in Ethiopia...it's not relevant to their world. Anyway, I think one thing I was supposed to learn when I broke my ankle a few years ago was humility. After spending 8+ weeks on crutches, I can say that I learned some. While crutches are a great 'core' workout, I don't know what I would do if I had to be on them permanently. I am thankful I have legs that carry me; legs that allow me to chase my little boy and let me do everything else I need and want to do everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment