Friday, April 17, 2009

Guess who's STAR of the week?



Nope. Guess again.




Getting closer...



Yep! You're right! The Boy is Star of Miss Arthur's Kindergarten AM class! I wanted to post his new picture - it is the quintessential school picture - you know the pose, the backdrop, the forced smile. I couldn't get the scanner to do its job so maybe another post.
What is Star of the Week you ask? Well it comes with all kinds of privileges. The ones that are most important to any Kindergartner, like line leader and bringing show-and-tell every day of the week. He also got to have a special guest of his choice come and spotlight him. Aunt "E" did this and she did a great job! Afterwards, his friends were able to ask those hard-hitting questions everyone was dying to know. You know, things like "What's your favorite body part?" (The Brain was his answer.) And "What's your favorite store?" (Target.) "What is your favorite flavor of ice cream, cake and frosting?" (Chocolate.) Yes, he truly is my child. J also got to take a special treat for everyone in class - rice krispie dinosaurs!
I love Jameson. He's got a great sense of humor (even more sophisticated than some grown-ups). I love his creativity, his imagination and his innocent belief that he will always want to live with his Mom and Dad (he refuses to go on a mission unless Mom accompanies him). I love that I have little boy jeans with pockets that must be emptied before washing. I love that there is a stick in the backseat of my car because he's "Yoda" (his cane). I love having someone around that gets so excited when he sees the tell tale signs of spring - even dandelions on the lawn. (They remind him of sunshine.) I love having someone in my home that appreciates letting a chocolate truffle melt in one's mouth and enjoys cuddling now and then. Yep, he's not only Miss Arthur's star this week, he's mine 52 weeks of the year!




3 comments:

Jackie said...

Ahh...I think little boys will always love their moms. I had to laugh out loud at the thought that he will never want to leave his mom and dad - it is unfathomable at that age.

Betensons said...

I to have had my share of dandelion bouquetes from that little boy. Even when they get older they still miss and need their mommies. Enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

It took me a while to figure out that was Britney--it looks like she has cat ears.
I really prefer the boy at the bottom!