
whether you want to come or not. My disclaimer: I generally do not use this blog for political purposes because a) I have bigger battles b) few, if any persons seem to agree with me and finally c) I try to be more entertaining than political issues du jour. But I just could not pass this one up.
So here I am just living my life. Woe is me being a bottom-dwelling social worker making not much more than minimum wage but being okay with it because my little family gets by and I believe in what I do. But there are times when The Man really gets to me. While I did not vote for the current president, I chose to give him the respect and opportunity to have a go at running this great country that we all call home. Now he's been in for a mere 5 months, but I seriously thought they way everyone had deified Mr. Obama he would be walking around blessing people and performing miracles. Excuse my cynicism.
I also realize that it is more than The Almighty that is responsible for the changes that are occurring, that congress has much to do with it as well. But have you guys heard about the new VAT - that's a 25% national sales tax that is trying to be passed right now? Some lawmakers are also working on implementing a tax on such things as employer provided health insurance, surgery and other hospital procedures. What the?? I thought "they" were looking at health care R-E-F-O-R-M, not suck the remaining life force from me? Yep, how could I have ever thought big government was not the way to go?
No comments:
Post a Comment