Wednesday, March 2, 2011

11 months. Are you kidding me?


You mean to tell me MY BABY will be 1 year next month?

Some things about our little Carty Pants:
-EVERYTHING goes in his mouth, including dirt, which may or may not look like Mom's chocolate cake, which he may or may not eat on a regular basis (can you tell he's a second child?)
-Holy Mess Batman. This kid is the exact opposite of his big brother. Jameson did not like it when his clothes got soiled. So not the case with Carter. And forget about the house. In fact we call him Godzilla. He destroys cities in his pathway.
-So close to walking. He wants to. He walks behind his little Ikea cart and has the most proud face I've ever seen.
-He learned to climb stairs, stand on his own, grow some serious locks and get teeth all in about 1 week.
-Knock, knock (on wood that is) he's doing great at night again. I strategically place a bottle of water in his crib. He's been waking up at night, finding it and putting himself back to sleep. Sweet!
-This kid LOVES Jameson. Jameson is the funniest stand-up comedian Carter has ever seen.
-He now lets you know what he wants in no uncertain terms. Please do not remove him from clearing a coffee table. It will not end well for anyone involved.
-He's a dog lover. In fact I'm pretty sure his first word is "woof". May or may not be quite pathetic...depends on how you look at it.
-He loves soft stuff: pillows, blankies, stuffed animals and enjoys sinking his head into them. He's quite the cuddler.
-He likes men. Dad is pretty cool. So are Grandpas. And unidentified Grandpas in public are not too shabby.
-The more bling you wear the better. He will turn your head for you so that he can check on your earring status. The danglier, the better.
-Finger foods are overrated. The pediatrician said to feed him bite-size food to increase fine motor skills. Food on the highchair tray is for the dogs, right? He can clear them off faster than you can turn around to tell him no.
-He's not much of a carb eater. I've tried giving him bread. In fact, I showed him that bread was delicious to the taste by placing my own piece in my mouth. He then took his piece and put it in my mouth.

So there you go. Let's hope these next four weeks move very slowly for my sake.

Photo courtesy of Michelle

3 comments:

The Lymans said...

No way! Time is going so fast. I'm so glad you have this blog. Otherwise I would have completely missed his cute first year!

Shella's Ramblings said...

I'll take pictures of Car car anyday! Love the boy, thanks for sharing him.

Unknown said...

11 months? Are you kidding me?