Saturday, November 8, 2008

Today I am tired but thankful for my Book Club girls! Last night we met and discussed the book, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. Not a page turner novel, but definitely well written. A few of my friends from Utah State University get together about once a month; we are in "The Book Club to End All Book Clubs". We stuff ourselves with themed-based dishes, discuss our current read, catch up on each other's lives (the good and the bad), relive favorite memories of college and laugh way too loud... all while staying up way too late! So fun.

I am thankful that we have kept in touch. I am thankful that I have friends that come from all kinds of backgrounds and are all busy with different things going on in their lives. Ladies out there, don't ever get too busy in life to not have time for your girlfriends!

Picture quality is not the best here. Sorry for that. Not pictured...Lisa W.
Left to right, Lisa D., Jen, Kayla, Kirsten

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that book when I was about 12, and I remember it being a page turner. Of course, now I don't remember what it was about. Well, a poor family on the East Coast, right? And one of the boys breast fed until he was too old until his mother drew a scary face on her breast. Am I remembering the right book? Because that's all I remember. :)