Monday, August 24, 2009

Style

I always knew it was a good thing I didn't have a girl or I would have spent 3x the amount of money on clothes for her.

I'm a little bit of a control freak (and I realize this) when it comes to wardrobe. While I let Jameson pick out a tee shirt now and then that I wouldn't necessarily pick out myself, I have never let him buy those character shoes...you know the ones I'm talking about. Spongebob that lights up or Thomas the Tank Engine that makes a choo-choo sound when you walk. They are too fleeting in popularity and besides, they don't go with that great little oxford I picked out.

Now it's lunch box selection time. I let him choose his own Star Wars: The Clone Wars backpack. Why is he so insistent on the Star Wars: The Clone Wars lunch box?


Wouldn't you rather be seen toting this beauty?

Instead of this?



Personally, I would pick this vintage metal classic

Oh well. He's not into skinny leg jeans. I'll count my blessings.

4 comments:

allison said...

Trust me, even if you would have had a girl, by the time she was 11 she would be ignoring your fashion requirements. You want the true meaning of torture? Take Emily jeans shopping.

Chelsea Davidson said...

or katie

Betensons said...

Believe me they start quite young. I thought I was going to enjoy dressing up my little girls. HA! THey have minds of their own. And my boy was the clothes horse. He would have loved the stars wars lunchbox then he was that age.

Unknown said...

i personally like the Star Wars lunch box. I bet Becca does too.
Brenda