Monday, November 2, 2009

This was halloween! This was halloween!

Oh the fun! Although I was nauseous (but what else is new) and usually go to bed around 8:30 (not exaggerating here) these days, I did manage to enjoy the festivities. Halloween rivals Christmas for me and I bask in the fun the entire month of October.

We had our 2nd annual bonfire which if we ever pour concrete I'm not sure what we'll do. We roasted hotdogs, marshmallows, ate color-changing Cheetos and caramel corn. Jameson was eating it up (the fun not the hotdogs because there is no time for dining when there's Halloween to be had) and trick-or-treated with best friend Cam until the "chainsaw guy" chased him. He was done. He wanted Mom and that was it.

After being reassured that the stupid (his word, not mine) chainsaw guy was just a costume, he settled down and sorted his candy... The Boy's highlight of the evening. You see candy is not a big deal to that kid (unless someone was handing out dark chocolate Lindt truffles) but the fact that you hold some power with several pounds of trick-or-treat candy means something. You know, people begging you for your fun-size candybars? Jameson was completely enamored by the Bishop's house and that he and his wife were making homemade donuts. He explained the process to me - you take mashed potatoes, a little round cutter thing, a little bit of love and fry them - can we make these at home sometime Mom? It doesn't have to be Halloween Mom!

I love our neighborhood. I was even called Sister Longbottom (you know Harry Potter) inadvertently by Bri who is 5. Here are a few pics...

Captain Rex and Iron Man (aka Jameson and Cameron)

Darth (cousin Sam) and J

The Loot! Seriously it was almost too much for this kid to carry!

1 comment:

Chelsea Davidson said...

thanks for the comment nine, it helped a lot